I've never started a web standard, but I think it would be great to have a format for very short video tutorials. So, this is it. My first webstandard Qtorials (quick tutorials).
Ideals so far...
- Start by stating a clear goal
- Use only applications that come packaged with your OS, or are freeware or useable demos
- Clearly state all applications being used so that more information could be found on the web
- Use common nomenclature when possible
- Run-time of 60 sec. or less
- Use menu items as apposed to shortcut keys
- title should start with "qtorials" followed by the name of the operating system then ":" then what's the goal of the tutorial (e.g. "qtorial linux: renaming a file")
Here's a title screen image that I'm using in my qtorials...